Took longer to learn than necessary - definitely some lack in tutorial or explanation, but at the same time I had fun trying to figure out what to do.
Notes for others:
- Enemies can either move or act on their turn, not both.
- Enemies get a turn any time you move at all, OR use all energy via spells.
- Sword counts as a move, but other spells do not - you can chain spells such as teleport into arrows without enemies moving.
- You can use all your energy by moving, which is efficient because you only give the enemy one turn and you regain all your energy.
- Enemies can stun lock you. Take note of which enemies can use range, and which use melee.
- You essentially play this like chess: identify moves that don't kill you, ensure you won't get killed on a following turn, and try to threaten enemy pieces while maintaining safety.
- You'll have to learn interactions with trial and error. Archers can shoot bombs to explode, grapple hook can pull you into lava. Knuckle can stun lock against wall, same with shield. But these can work in your favor as well. Foreseeing the interactions is really where the big brain plays come in.
I sort of cheesed the last level. I had knuckle (2), bomb (2), and throw (1) on a corner tile, with some walls to help block. I could chain all 3 to expend all energy without moving, and use the bomb to stun enemies on the other side, then throw the bomb behind them. Wash rinse repeat - thinned out the crowd then played normally. Took me a little over an hour to beat I think.